Wednesday, July 29, 2015

July 27, 2015 - In which we go to Karlštejn!

 Dear family,

We had a great week last week! The beginning was really good and the highlight was definitely going to Karlštejn. I don't have too much time, unfortunately, to go into the nice details, but here's the rundown :)

Monday: P-day! Normal. We went to the gym for P-day. It was exciting.

Tuesday: We met some good people during the day while we were out contacting. We had a good lesson with D, though he didn't get to come to church this week :( Only one person came to each English class, but Elder Page and I both had really good experiences during English. I taught at beginners' an older man named M who came for the first time that week. After English we had a great spiritual thought where we talked about strengthening our faith in scripture. I talked about how I first came to know that the Book of Mormon is true, and how ever since then I have feelings from the Spirit whenever I read the Book of Mormon and the Bible. M is a believer that's always taken the Bible for granted, and had never really had a feeling from God where he said that he could know that the Bible is from Him. He didn't accept a Book of Mormon, but he said he wanted to try praying about the Bible and then is going to tell me how that goes :)

Wednesday: It was HOT. We wanted to meet with J and K again today, but they cancelled later in the day. We met some great people though when he had a table on the square. We also man met J, who was walking behind us on a bridge and was making fun of us on the phone to his friend. After he ended the call, he greeted us and found out that he's really interested to talk about faith. It was a great contact.

Thursday: Taught I, had service at Š, went to Olomouc in the evening to go to Prague on Friday, and a bird pooped on our phone!

Friday: Karlštejn! Karlštejn was great. I sent a lot of photos for the blog, but we had a great time commemorating the dedication of our mission. It was a special day because it was the 25th anniversary of the return of missionaries to the Czechoslovakia after the fall of communism. We in a sense reenacted the the original dedicatory service by having a picnic together, going up, hearing some testimonies, having a prayer, and coming down. We heard about how when Christ first called his apostles, that he would make them to become fishers of men, and by simply doing our best and participating fulling in missionary work, Christ would do the same for us. Fifty missionaries had to run to catch the train back to Prague :) We had endless delays getting back to Zlín and didn't arrive until almost ten.

Saturday: I had a twenty-four bug and we were stuck inside.

Sunday: Elder Page had a twenty-four bug and we were stuck inside, though we made it to Sacrament Meeting.

Monday: We went to the castle Buchlov! I sent a lot of photos, and unfortunately I'm really out of time. The pictures say it all :)

I love you all, and I hope you have a great week!

Love,
Elder Boyce

The next few pictures were sent by Elder Page's mother!
Fourth of July preparations

Selfie! Daniel and his companion Elder Page

Elder Boyce is ready for the day!
Now for the pictures Daniel sent today...

This is some guláš I made a couple of weeks ago :)

A really interesting thunderhead that we saw when we were coming home from tracting.

The night before Karlštejn (so this last Thursday night) we stayed in Olomouc for the night. The sunset was great :)

Olomouc is so pretty


This is in the train from Prague to Karlštejn. The train was full of missionaries! It was a good time. On the way up I sat with my MTC group.

All of the missionaries hiking up the hill!

Then coming back down the hill we stopped at the city limits sign; Elder Page and Daniel.
The castle Karlštejn! This is the main tourist attraction in that town, but this is actually the closest I've ever been to it. The site where the dedication originally took place is more to the side.
Today for P-day we went up to this castle - Buchlov!



The castle.  We didn't go inside because it was really expensive and we didn't have time for a tour.

We were entertained by the unlikely spot in which this tree is growing!




Pretty!

That's real happiness :)

Whenever I see this kind of field I just have to do the Sound of Music pose!

Pretty flowers in the field!

We all had to conquer the hay bale, naturally.

The story behind the picture: On the way up to the castle we found these wooden animals and felt the need to take a stupid photo with them, so we did. Just outside the castle we stopped to eat at a picnic table before we went in, and I left my camera on the table (first time ever losing my camera). This was the most recent photo on the camera with people on it, and so by recognizing me from this photo I was able to get my camera back from the restaurant that the people who found the camera took it to. It's super embarrassing.

No comments:

Post a Comment