Sunday, July 27, 2014

July 27, 2014

For Sacrament meeting today, family members were asked to read letters from their missionaries. Suzie read this letter from Daniel:

Dear Ward Family,

Thank you for the opportunity to be able to share something with you today! I'm very grateful to be able to share a spiritual experience with you.

Over the past seven months of my mission, I've had the privilege of witnessing many miracles and many lives change. I have already been able to witness the true power of conversion and the hope that the gospel brings to the life of every person that will test it, sincerely desiring to know the truth.

I would love to be able to write a long letter to tell you about each person that I've met who has changed their life by applying the restored gospel of Jesus Christ, but you would be stuck listening all of Sacrament meeting! Considering this I'll just have to tell you about how I have changed.

I know that Jesus Christ lives. Many people whom I meet concede that Jesus walked this earth and that He taught good things, but I know that He is everything that he claimed to be. I know that His divinity is not a fairy tale. Through the Atonement of Jesus Christ, I know we can be changed from hopeless people chained to the earth, I know that we can soar.

I have had the great privilege of seeing the bits and pieces of other people's conversions throughout my mission, but even as I leave areas or others move and I start working with new people, I know that I am growing because of the strengthening and enabling power of the Atonement of Jesus Christ. I know that the restored gospel of Jesus Christ is the only way to have full access to this power.

I know that the Lord is preparing the way for the restored gospel in every nation, kindred, tongue, people and even community. I know that missionary work is His work, and that as we seek and pray for a vision of what needs to happen, we will be blessed to know how we can bring others to Christ.

Thank you for your prayers and faith. I know that as you seek ways to share the gospel with others, you will find them.

In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment