Monday, August 11, 2014

August 11, 2014 - In which we have a baptism and a výlet and I get transferred to České Budějovice!

Dear family,

We just had a great week last week! P's baptism went through, and it was awesome. We had a let of prep work to do to get everything set up, but against all odds, almost everything went perfectly. We had it at the same place as P's baptism at the beginning of May, and it wasn't too fancy, but it was still very nice. One of our recent converts brought a friend to the baptism, and he told us afterwards that he also wants to get baptized! We taught him after church on Sunday, and we set a date for him on the sixth of September!

On Saturday we planned a výlet (day trip) to Kutná Hora, which is a really big tourist town about halfway in between Prague and Hradec Králové. The three biggest sights there are the kostnice (the bone church), which is a church with giant stacks of bones in it, at St. Mary's and St. Barbora's cathedrals, which are both UNESCO sites and amazingly beautiful.

We had planned this výlet as a branch-building activity, but unfortunately the only people that came were P and one of the other Elder's investigators. We still had a great time, though! I won't be able to send all of the photos I want to home at once, but you've got a couple headed your way.

Probably the biggest bit of news, though, is that I got transferred! I'm now in České Budějovice, and my companion is Elder Jaynes, who was in my district my first transfer in HK. The branch here is quite small, but we're excited to get it pumped about missionary work! :)

I still don't know too much about the area or anything, but we have three investigators, all of whom have a baptismal date for the 27th of September. We just taught one, T, and she's very nice. It sounds as though we're trying to do a lot of work with less-active members. České Budějovice itself seems like a great city. When I told the everyone in Hradec yesterday and Saturday that I was coming here, they all said that it's a wonderful place. It's rained most of today, so I don't have any good pictures of it to send home, but it's very picturesque.

I am SO EXCITED to be in C-Bud! At first I was a little sad to be leaving HK, but this will be a great transfer and I'm excited for the new opportunities that I have to share the opportunities that the gospel brings with others.

Until next week, love,
Elder Boyce

Kutna Hora



The front entrance to the Cathedral of St. Mary's.  
Exterior of the Cathedral of St. Mary



Interior of the Cathedral of St. Mary's.  It is a world UNESCO site and is just beautiful!

Inside the chapel of the Cathedral of St. Mary's
Interior of the Cathedral of St. Mary's.  
This is St. Barbora's Cathedral. It was closed on the inside for weddings, unfortunately (and we didn't get a refund!) but we hear it's even prettier than St. Mary's
St. Barbora's







No comments:

Post a Comment